Just tested the new Mozilla Thunderbird 3 mailclient, here is a very short review what has changed since version 2.
- add addresses with one click to the address book (each address has a star button to quickly "bookmark" it)
- summary of a thread is displayed in the preview window, so you can navigate through a thread more quickly. Very handy!
- awesome search! all messages get indexed and you can search like in firefox (awesome bar)
- faceted search, you can refine your search by people, folder etc.
- Enigmail (pgp/gpg addon) currently does not work on linux 64 bit from the remote installer, use this one: http://www.mozilla-enigmail.org/download/release/1.0/
- what's new: http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/
Installation on Ubuntu 9.10:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-daily/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install thunderbird-3.0